VMware Horizon Community
atoerper
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The Connection Server authentication failed. The tunnel server presented a certificate that didn't match the expected certificate. Contact your administrator.

Only some users are getting this error when connecting from external networks. We have an F5 that load balances the two security servers. The same cert that is being used for the F5 URL is loaded on the security servers. We have verified other users are connecting to each security server without getting this error. What could this be? It has to be something on the client side.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atoerper
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Issue is fixed. There was an anti-malware blocker that was messing with the Cert that the load balancer was presenting. Whitelisted the URL in the anti-malware app and the Horizon Error stopped occurring.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Given that these are security servers with a load balancer (F5) in front. I would lean towards the possibility one of the security servers may be the source of the issue and random incoming users are assigned to it.

I would double check in the View Administrator that the URLs match exactly what is on the SSL cert for each security server and each connection server. Next, verify that the certificate being used has a friendly name of 'vdm' on each security and connection server.

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
atoerper
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

everything checks out with the URLs and Certificates. This issue just popped up and everything has been working for quite some time. We have verified both security servers are taking some connections without issues. It just a select set of users having the problem. We'll be gathering more info in terms of what OS these users are running and what version of the client.

0 Kudos
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks for checking. Have you checked the VMware log files on the Security Servers or Horizon View Client? They will usually show at least the login attempt before the failure occurs and may contain some clues. I have used these and other view logs to troubleshoot difficult to diagnose issues.

Here is a link for all View Log Files: Location of VMware View log files (1027744) | VMware KB

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos
atoerper
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Issue is fixed. There was an anti-malware blocker that was messing with the Cert that the load balancer was presenting. Whitelisted the URL in the anti-malware app and the Horizon Error stopped occurring.

TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Great to hear, it can get complex when troubleshooting external user access.

0 Kudos
mailkvsraju
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What should I do now ? Do I need to Install this software again

0 Kudos