VMware Horizon Community
NickTT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Testing PCoIP but not getting Teams Optimized

According to this article, VMware Media Optimization for Teams should work with Blast and PCoIP. I am only getting the option in Teams while using Blast though. Is there an additional setting some place to make it work?

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
kli
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi NickTT, please check that pcoip secure tunnel is enabled or ensure tcp port 9427 is accessible from the client.

0 Kudos
NickTT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have 9427 open from my Universal Access Gateway to my Internal Network. I don't have it open from external as it's not listed as the needed ports.

Port Protocol Source Target Description

443TCPInternetUnified Access GatewayFor web traffic, Horizon Client XML - API, Horizon Tunnel, and Blast Extreme
443UDPInternetUnified Access GatewayUDP 443 is internally forwarded to UDP 9443 on UDP Tunnel Server service on Unified Access Gateway.
8443UDPInternetUnified Access GatewayBlast Extreme (optional)
8443TCPInternetUnified Access GatewayBlast Extreme (optional)
4172TCP and UDPInternetUnified Access GatewayPCoIP (optional)
443TCPUnified Access GatewayHorizon BrokerHorizon Client XML-API, Blast extreme HTML access, Horizon Air Console Access (HACA)
22443TCP and UDPUnified Access GatewayDesktops and RDS HostsBlast Extreme
4172TCP and UDPUnified Access GatewayDesktops and RDS HostsPCoIP (optional)
32111TCPUnified Access GatewayDesktops and RDS HostsFramework channel for USB Redirection
9427TCPUnified Access GatewayDesktops and RDS HostsMMR and CDR
0 Kudos
kli
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You may have something blocking your secure channel.   

Try setting the following regKey on agent
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware HTML5MMR]
"sidechannelType"="pcoip"

As a side effect, the speed of pcoip side channel could be slow.  You will need to restart html5server on the agent (e.g. reboot) after setting the regkey.