VMware Horizon Community
MVL2
Contributor
Contributor

Testers needed using the Horizon Indirect Video Driver

Hi,

I am wondering if someone that is using the Horizon Indirect Video driver is also facing some weird behavior in Microsoft Excel?

When you have one or a couple of cells that you want to move normally when going with the mouse on the left or right line from a cell the mouse cursor/arrow will pop-up so you can move the cell. Now with the indirect video driver the mouse won't pop-up instantly, you need to move/be very precisely till the mouse cursor/arrow will pop-up up. With the SVGA driver everything is fine.

I hope someone that is also using the Horizon Indirect Video driver could check this out in there environment.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
yukiafronia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It seems like a very complicated event.
It would be easiest to understand if we could record the scene where the problem is occurring.

Also, please list whether or not the problem occurs using any of the connection protocols PCoIP , VMware Blast, or RDP.

My guess is that
RDP will not cause problems.
PCoIP will cause problems.
Blast will also cause problems.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MVL2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We have case SR 23403061202 open for it. It seems to be related to a Points per inch issue were the PPI is smaller in the driver then it is in Windows or Mac.  The mouse is then unable to focus right causing this Excel issue.

0 Kudos