VMware Horizon Community
Officechris
Contributor
Contributor

TPAutoConnect Service requires restart on VM before printer redirection occurs.

For some strange reason i'm not getting any printer redirection from my clients into my XP based pool, RDP or PCoIP.

If, after I login to the pool, I do a manual restart of the TP AutoConnect Service, my printers pop into the VM just fine.

I've tried adjusting the delays as here (http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1013520) no change. Maybe I need an even larger value?

What's not happening at login, that seems to be happening just fine when I restart the TPAutoConnectService? Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NeedBeer
Contributor
Contributor

Having a similar problem here, very intermittent results at present.

With everything as default it's fairly random as to if/when printers on the local machine will appear in the View session (32 bit XP SP3, for the most part being accessed via 32 bit XP workstations outside of our environment).

Tried knocking the timeout values for :

HKLM\Software\ThinPrint\TPAutoconnect\TimeOutClient

HKLM\Software\ThinPrint\TPAutoconnect\TimeOutClientExecution

up from 600,000 to 1,000,000 as per the article that Officechris linked to, and whilst at first it seemed to make a difference this ended up being coincidental, in most cases the results are still entirely erratic.

If we restart the "TP AutoConnect Service" all printers will populate within a minute or two. Anyone come across this and found a solution? I'm thinking of kludging this with an automated service restart, but would prefer to resolve this gracefully.

0 Kudos