VMware Horizon Community
natixis_it
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sysprep and Guest customization in Automated Pool (Windows 10 1607)

Hi,

I created a Windows 10 1607 Pool and guest machines are failing because the vdi are stuck and waiting for manual user intervention. The pool is setup to use guest customization so sysprep is the issue.

The vdi is stuck at the ‘Hi there pick a language’ screen.  After, we manually answer the questions, the vdi works as normal. Any way of bypassing that screen automatically? Or has anyone else experience the same symptoms.

Thanks,

P

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Erossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I didn't saw this before. What happened if you run the sysprep manually on the master vm? Same behavior there?

Any reason why you use sysprep and not quickprep?

Quickprep is much faster and will require less iops during the provisioning of new vms.

0 Kudos
natixis_it
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I get the same results; however, I have an earlier build of 1607 where the setup prompts the user when sysprep is ran manually and the customization via Horizon view works perfectly without having the setup page displayed.

VersionManually running SysprepHorizon View
1607 build 1715'Hi There' setup page is displayedPage is not displayed
1607 build 1770'Hi There' setup page is displayed'Hi There' setup page is displayed

To my understanding, enabling the guest customization changes the SID by sysprep. I also need to do the following for each vm in the pool:

- re-enable the admin account

- change the computer's name to the vm's name

- join the computer to the domain

0 Kudos
natixis_it
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry for the confusion I'll edit the title but I'm actually having this issue on automated desktop pool using a VM template.

0 Kudos
sarvarbasha1980
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Phil,

There known issues with Horizon View 6.2 for Windows 10 deployment, can you please confirm which version of Horizon View are you using for this deployment ?

Thank you

Sarvar Basha

0 Kudos
natixis_it
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yup, I'm running 6.2.1.  I'm planning upgrading to 7 next month.  I guess I'll wait until I upgrade to see if I experiencing the same issue. 

0 Kudos