VMware Horizon Community
tcoogan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Switching PCoIP sessions between thin clients

Hi All,

I cant seem to find any posts on this topic.

I was wondering if it possible to login to a PCoIP session from a thin client (Wyse P20 / Dell FX100) and then connect to the same session from a different thin client auto-disconnecting the previous session. The thin clients could be next to each other or on separate parts of the network / country.

I am running VMware View 5, with a ESXi 5 back end.

Regards,

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarAndreas
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Sorry, I was unclear.

The behaviour you observe is the result of setting that option to "Yes" - it tells View to ignore existing sessions, and establish a new one.

If you want your users to "take over" existing connected sessions, you have to set it to "No".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

That should be the default behaivior in View. Have you tested?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
tcoogan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes I have tested, currently I get the message:

"All available desktop sources for this desktop are currently busy. Please try connecting to this desktop again later, or contact your system administrator"

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hmm, are you logging in with the same user?

What kind of pool is it? (Floating or Dedicated)

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
tcoogan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes I am logging in with the same user and i have tried several differnent user accounts to make sure that it wasnt an indvidual user issue.

The pools are floating.

0 Kudos
MarAndreas
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

AFAIK, you get that behaviour if "Allow multiple sessions per user" is set to "Yes"

tcoogan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have this already set within each pool as I was hoping this would provide me with the functionality that I needed. But still I only can access the machine via the same thin client, until I fully disconnect from the machine. But I need users to be able to move from building and keep there sessions open.

0 Kudos
MarAndreas
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Sorry, I was unclear.

The behaviour you observe is the result of setting that option to "Yes" - it tells View to ignore existing sessions, and establish a new one.

If you want your users to "take over" existing connected sessions, you have to set it to "No".

0 Kudos