VMware Horizon Community
mwackerbauer
Contributor
Contributor

Stuck Windows Key after Screen Locking

- View 4.0.1, Agent 4.0.1-268571, Client 4.0.1-233023, VMs = win7 Enteprise x86 and XP SP3 x86, Client OS on local Workstation = win 7 Enterprise x86

Hi

When i get back to my local workstation, usually my screen is autolocked. When i want to unlock it again, the windows key is stuck, resulting in the start of the ease-of-access center for pressing the character U (win+U). Hammering the windows key before entering the passwort solves the issue for the moment.

Is there a solution to get rid of this?

I can lock my local workstation pressing win+L and unlock it immediately after it again with no issues, waiting about 2-3 minutes reproduces my issue, resulting in a stuck windows key.

To spin the wheel further, an immediate login after lock works without hammering the win key, but the VMs i had opened in the background now act as if they had the win key pressed.

so, long lock = win key stuck on local workstation, maybe on DVMs too, hammering win key unstucks it

short lock = win key only stuck on open DVMs with locked screens

(i usually have my VMs in windowed mode)

Did someone come across this before me ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Max

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisKubiak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have not seen the exact same behavior with regards to the issue being replicateable due to an auto lock but I have seen a few cases where the VM thinks the Win key, Ctrl key, or the Alt key is pressed. Its not very frequent an usually toggling the key its confused about clears up the issue. I am only made aware of the issue when its noticed so I dont know what happened prior to the VM getting stuck. I believe its a matter of the VM missing\not getting the release code from the client.

0 Kudos
btdrew
Contributor
Contributor

While not the exact same I had a sticky key issue just yesterday. Scenario - VI3/ESX3.5, View 4.0.1, XP VMs. One user out of a large pool said that any letter that she typed made some Windows function launch ie when she typed "r" in a Word doc the Run command launched. It took me several hours to track it down. Know what the solution was? Stupid as it may sound, click both shift keys simultaneously. In my case we definitely had a Ease of Access issue. You can click the left Shift 5 times quickly and the Ease of Access app may launch. There are some options in there but they didn't help my situation. Lots of digging on the web found this wierd but effect and permanent solution.

0 Kudos
btdrew
Contributor
Contributor

While not the exact same I had a sticky key issue just yesterday. Scenario - VI3/ESX3.5, View 4.0.1, XP VMs. One user out of a large pool said that any letter that she typed made some Windows function launch ie when she typed "r" in a Word doc the Run command launched. It took me several hours to track it down. Know what the solution was? Stupid as it may sound, click both shift keys simultaneously. In my case we definitely had a Ease of Access issue. You can click the left Shift 5 times quickly and the Ease of Access app may launch. There are some options in there but they didn't help my situation. Lots of digging on the web found this wierd but effect and permanent solution.

0 Kudos