VMware Horizon Community
ChefyTim
Contributor
Contributor

Strange VDI Issue

I just setup VMWare View and am testing things out.

I am getting this error but the LDAP path provided below is not even in my domain so I'm not sure where it is even coming from.

Any ideas?

(SESSION:1ED2F47B9BDCEF2334E1E69795723495;2FD5C45C2349F44FDCEBE39EEB91102C) POOL_EMPTY:Pool:cn=desktops,ou=server groups,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int;USER:HOME\suds;USERSID:S-1-5-21-455728207-1040606210-188005807-1106;USERDN:CN=S-1-5-21-455728207-1040606210-188005807-1106,CN=ForeignSecurityPrincipals,DC=vdi,DC=vmware,DC=int;

I have the desktops in the OU=PCs,OU=Virtual so I'm not sure where thoese OU's, DC's or CN's are coming from. View does put the desktops in the correct OU so that's what makes this error seem rather strange to me.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Do you have any available desktops in your pool? The OU and DC information you are seeing is from the adam database that View uses.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
ChefyTim
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, there are two desktops created which are both powered on.

Looking at the desktop sources I am seeing an error in the "status" column.

"Customization operation timed out"

However, there are two desktops in vCenter and in the domain that were created.

The VM's in vCenter don't appear to be facing any issues.

I am not seeing any errors in vCenter or any failed events either.

I don't see any errors in the event logs of the View or vCenter server either.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

For the recently deployed VM's showing customization timed out I would verify network connectivity, that the view agent is started, and if all else fails reset them. Once they are online and showing ready under their status you should be able to connect to them.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos