VMware Horizon Community
etabush
Contributor
Contributor

Strange Issue when using Chrome - Screen artifacts

For the last week we've been having a strange issue when using Chrome in our Horizon desktops (started with a few and starting to happen to more). If i have a window in font of my Chrome window and move it around or minimize it part of that window stays until i move the mouse over it. Its only happening with Chrome. Firefox is working ok.

** See attached image **

Already tried following:

- Disabling hardware acceleration in chrome

- Rebooting

- Using chrome incognito mode

- Disabling all my chrome extensions

2019-02-05 17_35_32-Google.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

We also started seeing this late last week. I suspect it's due to a recent Chrome update.

What version of Horizon Connection Server/Agent and display protocol are you running? We are on 7.4.0 and seeing it with PCoIP.

0 Kudos
etabush
Contributor
Contributor

We're on 7.0.3 and using PCoIP

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Odd I'm on 7.4.0, but windows 7 not 10, and I haven't seen this or any reports of this.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I updated my post above. I thought we were seeing this with Blast but it appears to only be PCoIP.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Thats why I'm not seeing it, we only use blast Smiley Happy, and I'm glad we didn't get thin clients till now

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I think I spoke too soon. It seems to be more prominent when I have two monitors connected. I'm seeing it with Blast today and happen to be on a machine with a single monitor.

0 Kudos
etabush
Contributor
Contributor

I dont think its related to the protocol because even when i console into a virtual machine through vSphere i see this behavior.

Another interesting thing i found is i downloaded Chrome Canary and it doesnt happen with that.

I also downloaded Chrome beta version and it does happen there.

0 Kudos
etabush
Contributor
Contributor

I found a temporary fix for this. I downgraded to an older version of chrome (70.0.3538.77) and its not happening now.

Its not a great fix to stay on an older version but i'm hopeful this will be patched in a later version.

I have chrome canary on my computer which is on version 74 and its not happening with that. I dont know if standard Chrome follows suit when it gets to version 74 but i'm hoping it does.

0 Kudos
laarmanict
Contributor
Contributor

Version 73.3683.75 of Google Chrome seems to fix it for our environment.

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

> Open Chrome.

> Type chrome://flags in browser.

> Goto Viz Display Compositor (OOP-D) and disable it.

> Restart chrome and check now.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Agreed, we stopped seeing it on 72.0.3626.121.

0 Kudos