VMware Horizon Community
ccie9658
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Strange HTML/Blast behavior - any ideas?

I'm having a strange issue with a Horizon View 6 implementation. I have an automated desktop pool using linked clones and dedicated user assignment. The issue is none of my users can connect to these desktops via HTML/Blast UNLESS the desktop has already been accessed via the View Client and PCoIP. As soon as I've connected to one of the desktops in the pool via the View Client, log out, and then try to connect via HTML/Blast, everything works perfectly!

The events I see when a user who has never connected to the pool first via the View Client tries to connect via HTML/Blast are, in this order, the following:

11:32:29 PM (Agent) The agent running on machine DESKTOP has accepted an allocated session for user DOMAIN\user

11:32:29 PM (Connection Server) User DOMAIN\user requested Pool windows7_pool

11:32:29 PM (Connection Server) User DOMAIN\user requested Pool windows7_pool, allocated matchine DESKTOP

11:33:54 PM (Connection Server) User DOMAIN\user has logged out

No errors or anything - looks perfect other than the quick logout (that I didn't perform).

On the client side, the screen looks just like it would if the desktop were about to appear, but then after about 1.5 minutes, goes to a white screen displaying the following error:

An error has occurred: {"code":"ETIMEDOUT","errno":"ETIMEDOUT","syscall":"connect"}

This behavior happens whether inside the firewall or outside the firewall. And once that same user connects in via PCoIP using the View Client just once, the HTML/Blast connections start working thereafter and never fail again. I have "Ensure Machines Are Always Powered On" set on the pool, and connections via PCoIP happen quickly. I can't seem to find any value set for a low timeout threshold anywhere, but I'm new to configuring this.

Any ideas what might cause this type of behavior?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ccie9658
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I got this working.

Since the only common denominator to the issue seemed to be the desktop image, I started there.

I created a new snapshot after doing the following: removing both the View Agent and Direct Connect software, then turning OFF the Windows firewall and reinstalling them both. I also chose NOT to have the Windows firewall automatically updated by the Direct Connect software installer on the reinstall. On the initial (partially working) installation, I followed the recommended practice of having the firewall on and allowing the installer to modify the firewall automatically.

Once I had the snapshot of the desktop now with no Windows firewall, I recomposed the pool and all subsequent HTML/Blast connections to this pool worked flawlessly every time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ccie9658
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I got this working.

Since the only common denominator to the issue seemed to be the desktop image, I started there.

I created a new snapshot after doing the following: removing both the View Agent and Direct Connect software, then turning OFF the Windows firewall and reinstalling them both. I also chose NOT to have the Windows firewall automatically updated by the Direct Connect software installer on the reinstall. On the initial (partially working) installation, I followed the recommended practice of having the firewall on and allowing the installer to modify the firewall automatically.

Once I had the snapshot of the desktop now with no Windows firewall, I recomposed the pool and all subsequent HTML/Blast connections to this pool worked flawlessly every time.

0 Kudos
MattHanson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I too am having this exact same issue (all internal traffic), although the proposed solution didn't work for me. Is anyone else having similar issues?

0 Kudos