VMware Horizon Community
chillware1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I'm on View 4.5, and I've got one machine that won't delete from View Administrator. It simply says Deleting (missing) as the status and has been like this for about a week now. The VM that it's trying to delete does not exist in vSphere anyplace.. How can I get View admin to finish removing it?

Thanks!

3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

This KB article, http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1008658, should provide you with the steps needed to remove the desktop.

Hardoman
Contributor
Contributor

You'll need to remove it from ADAM database, View Composer (remove the linked clone references from the View Composer database) and then remove the virtual machine from Active Directory. In the end you can remove it from vCenter server.

All these steps can be done either manually or via SviConfig utility or using viewdbchk.cmd script (View 6 required).

Read this KB to do it manually or via SviConfig.

I prefer using the last option.

The viewdbchk.cmd file is located in the installation Horizon View directory which is my case was C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\tools\bin

Run:

viewdbchk.cmd –scanMachines –limit 100

It will Scan all machines for problems. The scan can optionally be limited to a specific desktop pool with option "--desktopName Pool_ID".

You'll need to answer "yes" when it will prompt to disable pool and remove VM.

This command removes only a specified VM:

C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\tools\bin>viewdbchk.cmd --removeMachine --machineName VM_name --desktopName Pool_ID

PCTechStream
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Unable to delete linked clone virtual machines? "Deleting Missing"

To resolve database inconsistency issues you have to:

Remove the virtual machines from the ADAM Database on the connection server.

Remove all desktop references within the View Composer database.

Remove all affected computer objects from Active Directory.

Remove the desktops from vCenter Server.

How to do it? Follow this link:

Provisioning or recomposing a linked clone desktop pool fails (2015112) | VMware KB

Applies to:

Deleting missing, view pool stuck deleting, view manually delete linked clones, failed to remove VM from the view composer inventory, ,VMware view error missing.

Raul.

VMware VDI Administrator

http://ITCloudStream.com/

www.ITSA.Cloud