VMware Horizon Community
apelz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sporadically loosing all mapped network printers

Hey guys,

maybe someone could help me. We are running horizon 7.3.1 and Windows 10 1703 with instant clones and persistent disks. Now we have the problem that users loosing their mapped printers very sporadically during the login. This happens maybe 1 of 15 logins. Any login process take very much cpu usage for printisolationhost.exe and spoolsv.exe for around 5 mins and the printer mapping takes very long. 

On my testaccount I had just mapped 3 printers. The printers are mapped locally from a printserver. Thin Print is not installed and its not used. Has anyone an idea where the problems come from?

Thanks!

regards

Alex

0 Kudos
2 Replies
apelz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok i could reproduced that problem and find some eventlog entries. Im trying to translate:

Error during the installation of the printerdriver hp universal printing pcl5. errorcode 0x20 HRESULT 0x80070020.

Other printer has another error code 0x5, HRESULT 0x800700005.

0 Kudos
bdeksnys
Contributor
Contributor

Our enterprise is experiencing this issue as well.  I am surprised to not see more posts about it.  Does anyone have any insights into this?

For me, the best way to describe it is that users infrequently do not have their printers available inside of their VMware session.  Sometimes, restarting the print spooler in the VMware session corrects the issue.  When that does not work, restarting both VMware and their computer seems to be the only fix.  This is very frustrating to our users and I would like an explanation as to how to prevent it from occurring.

We are running View7, with Win7 guests, on Win7 clients, using Horizon 4.7.

0 Kudos