VMware Horizon Community
NeoChen176
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sometime copy and paste don't work when login using horizon client with pcoip

Hi All,

May I ask someone who has encountered the same problem, about

sometime copy and paste don't work and the same mount clientdrive when login using horizon client with pcoip or after restart desktop,

but after I logout and login, it can work.

Thanks

My Horizon View and DEM is 2006,  vSphere 7.0U3.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Li_Huang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, please help provide logs and information about your local environment, so that we can check the detail of this issue.

If you are using Windows Horizon Client, please check the following instructions to set log level and collect logs:

Set Registry Key Path: HKLM\Software\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDPService\Plugins\MKSVchan\

Value: logLevel = trace

Set Registry Key Path: HKLM\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDPService\

Value: logLevel = trace

Then reproduce the issue, provide the logs and the reproduce timestamp, thanks!

Find the logs in %temp% folder: vmware-MKSVchanClient-xxxxx.log and vmware-vdpService-Client-xxxxx.log

0 Kudos
NeoChen176
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi @Li_Huang ,

I've uploaded the log files.

The problem is that I have started to mount clientdrive and two-way copy and paste,

However, when I log in again after rebooting, the function fails and the forbidden symbol appears.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Li_Huang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi NeoChen176,

From the log files you provided, we can see that the Horizon client gets nothing from the system clipboard when you are doing copy-paste. So, please confirm that there is data in the system clipboard when you are doing copy-paste. You can use an application like "Free Clipboard Viewer" to view the information in the system clipboard.

2022-08-22 16:54:02.811 <4DD4> [500C] D MKSVchan_Log(): HelperWndProc: Clipboard send signaled.
2022-08-22 16:54:02.811 <4DD4> [500C] D MKSVchan_Log(): MKSVchanPlugin_SendClipboardData: Abort sending clipboard data as data 0000000000000000, length = 0

0 Kudos