VMware Horizon Community
JasonP76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Software Protection Service Errors on instant clones / AppVolumes

Hey All,

I have an issue that I have recently come across.

We are running Window 10 22H2 Instant Clones (2212) with AppVolumes.

I have noticed when the App Volumes Service is running we are getting loads of SPP Errors in the event logs:

Failed to schedule Software Protection Service for re-start Error Code 0x80070003

These errors will appear every 30 seconds.

If I stop the the AppVolumes Service, I notice that the Software Protection service also stops. If I start it back up again, but do not restart the AppVolumes service those errors never come back and it actually has a normal log for the re-start.

I also think this is now causing most of our apps we on AppVolumes are now failing to work. Things like Adobe Pro DC.

Anyone seen this or know how to fix this issue? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JasonP76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

All,

I found the issue.

There is a conflict with FSLogix 2.9.8440.42104 and App Volumes 4 (at least the two latest versions I tried).

downgrading FSLogix back to 2.9.8361.52326 has fixed the problem.

This issue seems to also affect a lot of Apps that are provisioned using App Volumes. Like Adobe Acrobat Pro, SnagIt, and anything that uses Excel Add-ins

Just completely breaks the VDI

Hope this helps someone

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JasonP76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

All,

I found the issue.

There is a conflict with FSLogix 2.9.8440.42104 and App Volumes 4 (at least the two latest versions I tried).

downgrading FSLogix back to 2.9.8361.52326 has fixed the problem.

This issue seems to also affect a lot of Apps that are provisioned using App Volumes. Like Adobe Acrobat Pro, SnagIt, and anything that uses Excel Add-ins

Just completely breaks the VDI

Hope this helps someone

rhawkins01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you so much for this post! We've been migrating/rebuilding our AppVol 2.x AppStacks to AppVol 4.x packages. We've been seeing a lot of applications have issues during testing - mostly Adobe Acrobat, SnagIt, Notepad ++, etc -- simple apps that worked great in AppVol 2.x. As part of this effort, we're testing on Win 11 22H2. I built that master image with all of the latest agents - including the problematic FSLogix agent. Downgrading to 2.9.8361.52326 seems to have solved all of those issues. 

Your post has helped at least one person and I wanted to let you know! 🙏

__PRESENT

0 Kudos