VMware Horizon Community
warana
Contributor
Contributor

Snapshot changes are not being applied.

We have a new Horizon View 6 system we are beta testing.

Our current problem is that we have our master VM. We have our snapshots but when we recompose OR create our desktop pools they do not seem to be getting the changes we made during the snapshots.

For example, we places icons on the desktop and they do not appear.

We have custom software we use that we modified a .bat file to suit our needs, this file only appears as the original installed file, and not the one we replaced it with.

Any advice, clues would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pooran98
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For your linked clone pool try changing the pool  to the new snapshot.  Disable provisioning then delete all the VMs in this pool which will result in the replicas also being deleted then enable provisioning on the pool.  A new replica will be created with the new snapshot which will be used to created the VMs.

0 Kudos
warana
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for helping.

So I disabled provisioning. Then I deleted the VMs. Then I enabled provisioning. Everything came back up.

Unfortunately the problem is still there.

My base image looks like this:

/XXX/vm/Desktop Parents/Windows 7 Desktop 32bit/Base with KMS/Base + Apps/Base + Apps+ Customization2/Base + Apps + Customization3/Revision1/WF35/WF35_2/VmwareSup/VmwareSup2/VmwareSup3/Reinstall_WF/ConsolidatedSnapshots

Could it be too long? Or something else? Is there any way for it forced to use my snapshot? My consolidatedsnapshots is not be applied.

0 Kudos