VMware Horizon Community
msaundersmcp
Contributor
Contributor

Slow performance using Vmware View 4.6

Hey Guys,

I've been thrown in at the deep end with this, I have very little knowledge of View, the customer is complaining of slow performance when connected to the VM's from Samsung PCoIP devices

VMware View version - 4.6

VM - Windows 7 x32

I realise this is not much to go on but any help would be great.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi.

There are many components in a View solution that could cause this, but most often its storage related.

So start there and have a look on the storage-side and see if something have change there.

VMware have a service called "Horizon View Healthcheck" that I would recommend to get a full check on the environment.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
msaundersmcp
Contributor
Contributor

Hey buddy

Sorry for the basic questions but where do I find this tool?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

The healthcheck is not a tool but a consulting service that VMware offers, see more here:

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/products/vmware-DesktopVirtualizationHC-service-brief.pdf

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
msaundersmcp
Contributor
Contributor

Ah ok, I doubt this is something that the customer will pay for.

All of our data sits on a EMC SAN which is having the firmware upgraded in the next couple of days which may bring performance increases.

0 Kudos