VMware Horizon Community
Realworld
Contributor
Contributor

Slow login to the View interface

Hi,

When I try to login to our View webinterface, I get a very slow response from the server. Once I'm logged in, all goes OK (especially the desktop performance is good), but from the moment I enter my login details and press the login button, I am waiting at least a minute before I receive the "establishing a connection to the server" message. Is this normal ? and if not, what could be the cause? I know that the authentication server itself is fast enough, since more webapps use this authentication server without any delay.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

I have moved this question to the VMware View Manager forum

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
Realworld
Contributor
Contributor

does anyone have a clue as to why the inital page load time is so high?

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

is your connection broker on a physical or Virtual machine? if Virtual what is the resource utilisation of it and how is the guest configured

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
Realworld
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

The standard server and the security server are both virtual machines that do approx. nothing. I did however manage to speed up the login page by trying to get our own SSL certificates to work. That however resulted in another problem. Now the initial problem of page load time has been resolved, but as I login to the security server, I receive a message that it cannot connect to the standard server. The message in the event viewer is as follows:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received close_notify during handshake

However, when I only install a certificate on our standard server, I can get in without any trouble. If I also install our own certificate on the security server, I receive the above message.

0 Kudos