VMware Horizon Community
msrlrocket88
Contributor
Contributor

Slow and Inaccurate Login Timing Segments in Horizon 7.7, anyone else seeing isuses?

I have enabled the timing profiler on both connection servers. The logon segment section is not showing up until about 8 minutes into the session. Once its loaded it shows that its elapsed 2 seconds instead of the 1 Minute 20, Anyone else seeing this?

4 Replies
VDINinja311
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have used the Logon Monitor in previous versions up to Horizon 7.6. Once we upgraded to Horizon 7.6 it has stopped functioning properly like you are experiencing. It will either show no information at all or very little information (several of the timings are missing in the graph or blank). It is not accurate when timing with a stopwatch/app. We have had a Support Case opened since 11/13/2018 on this issue. Originally the first level support engineer told us that the Logon Monitor was broken for Blast/PCoIP protocols. I confirmed this by switching the protocol of a desktop to RDS and the timing profile was accurate and worked. Then after it was escalated to another level we were told that the Logon Monitor has been deprecated as of Horizon 7.6. I pointed them to zero documentation stating it has been deprecated and pointed them to the documentation for Horizon 7.6 and 7.7 where its still referenced on how to set it up/view the timing. Every update since has been "We are waiting for an answer from the engineering team".

Seems like they completely broke it and won't confirm it, in my opinion.

Pretty sad that this is the type of support we receive.

0 Kudos
msrlrocket88
Contributor
Contributor

great... Thats what I am seeing as well. We have these timings integrated with Tableau to display publicly within our company. That sucks. Well I guess Ill open a ticket as well. Let me know if you ever come up with a solution.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Where are you pulling the timings from, other then manually getting them, I'm just curious if your automatically pulling them some how for tableau?

0 Kudos
msrlrocket88
Contributor
Contributor

We scrape the events database for the login information. The same location that Vmware uses for their login breakdown in what used to be helpdesk, now integrated with the HTML admin console.