VMware Horizon Community
nkansara
Contributor
Contributor

Slow Respone in VMWare Horizon View-VDI

Hi,

We just implemented VDI VMWare Horizon in our infrastructure, We have few of our Beta testers who are working on VDI right now and they reported that there is a delay when they are typing anything and the delay is so significant that they cannot see anything that they are typing and have to wait to view it. Currently our VM has 4GB Ram and 4 CPUs, i believe this are enough resources for Microsoft office and other Basic Application

Does anyone else is experiencing the issue. let me know if there any resolution out for this

Thanks

Nimesh

0 Kudos
4 Replies
fugrat1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Nimesh

To start off I would drop the vCPU count to 1 and only increase if you need it as more vCPUs can actually cause the machine to perfrom slower due to scheduling issues.  How are your users connecting?  is it via RDP, BLAST or PCoIP?  Are they connecting via a connection server or from outside via an Access Point or Security Server?  Are they cabled in or using Wireless to connect?  How many machines do you have running, what are your host specifications and what storage do you have backing the VDIs?

0 Kudos
nkansara
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks For the reply, our users connecting to VDI via Windows Embedded Wyse Terminal over PCOIP protocol. We are not using Wireless all the devices connected via network cable and they are connecting via connection server in house. Currently we have only 5 VMs running. We have VSan running on the VXRail

Thanks

Nimesh

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Did you get any solution to this or found the root cause?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
nkansara
Contributor
Contributor

We had to disable Persona Management and also we assigned persistent disk to each VDI user for their profile which takes care of it and it runs flawless and no lagging

0 Kudos