VMware Horizon Community
bradstaenglen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Slow Connections for Offshore Users

Hi Everyone,

Been running into an issue lately that only our offshore users see. We opened our firewall from them directly to a Security Server. The security server is not in the DMZ, its within the network so we only needed to open 3 firewall ports.

On the Connection server i have turned off the HTTPS:// Secure tunneling as this caused our internal users alot of headaches, But i have left on the PCOIP Secure tunneling. On the security server the PCOIP Tunnel and HTTPS Tunnel are setup with the same IP that the security server has. Should i be changing those IP's to point to the Connection server?

What are some things i can check as almost all of our offshore users are getting the error attached.

Thanks guys,

Brad

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Is the issue intermittent?    Are the desktops showing up as available in View admin console?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Is the issue intermittent?    Are the desktops showing up as available in View admin console?

0 Kudos
bradstaenglen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

it is intermittent. the desktops show up as available, but ive narrowed it down to being an issue with a specific image. we went through the process of rebooting all View related VM's and it seems to be fine.

mittim, for the PCOIP and HTTPS urls on the security server, they should have the security server IP correct? not the Connection server

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

They should have the URL and IP address of whatever the clients are using to connect externally.

0 Kudos
sakibpavel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please make sure that your network connectivity is ok or you cna reach your target server.

sakibpavel 
bradstaenglen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

so i guess i will leave the URL's to whatever the default is haha. thanks sakibpavel, the network was fine we found they could connect to other desktop pools fine, it ended up being that the image in question was somehow lost in View, it kept saying VC Link lost. now all is well

0 Kudos