VMware Horizon Community
smith_ll
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Skype For Business / View 7.7

Experiencing very poor audio quality primarily microphone when making and receiving calls.

Does anyone have any additional advise on where I can look to pin point this issue?

Seems to be affecting both Windows, and ThinOS devices.

Optimization pack is installed, with it running in Optimized mode on Windows and Fallback on ThinOS.

Speaker quality is fine, it's the microphone quality that I need to improve. Person on the other end of the call reports the call dropping in and out and missing words.

Any advice appreciated.

LS

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anobix67
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

have been having the same problem with any of our linux-based thin clients. We have HP, 10Zig, and Dell (both ThinOS and ThinLinux) thin clients and all show a noticeable step down in microphone audio quality. Our goal was to use Blast instead of PCoIP to save the licensing costs, but using Blast on Windows/OSX has been fine, just the linux thin clients were all bad in that regard. Have done multiple firmware/OS upgrades on each of them, Horizon Client Agents ranging from 4.8 to 4.10 (depending on what's available from the vendor) without any major difference. We saw the quality on 7.3.2 and now also on 7.6 View backend, for what it's worth.

0 Kudos
smith_ll
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've no option of rolling back to that version, have had a call open with Dell since March 2018 and VMware previously. Not getting much assistance from either as of yet.

0 Kudos