VMware Horizon Community
virtualRW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Single Sign-on solution for VMware VDI broker

I'm looking for help in finding a single sign-on solution for VMware VDI broker and Wyse S10 clients.

I have the solution working, wyse is auto connecting to the broker log-on client, but the user is then asked to sign into the XP desktop using the same credentials. Any one got single sign-on solution working with this confuration?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VDM will do this for you this is a feature of VDM. If that is what you mean by VMware VDI broker. In order for this to work you need to ensure that you have the VMware Agent installed with the VDM agent GINA feature enabled.

WP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VDM will do this for you this is a feature of VDM. If that is what you mean by VMware VDI broker. In order for this to work you need to ensure that you have the VMware Agent installed with the VDM agent GINA feature enabled.

WP

0 Kudos
virtualRW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes the VMD is what I'm using, I have teh VDI agent in my tempalte but I do not see an option for single signon. What is teh GINA feature? Where can I find that in the XP desktop or in the VDM manager?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It is installed during the install of the VDM Agent. If this was not installed SSO will not work. Rerun the agent install and make sure its installed.

WP

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Also what firmware is your S10 device.

WP

0 Kudos
nasterizer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have the GINA feature enabled in my Agent Installation. We have V90L in our environment. They are added to our local domain so users logon with their domain accounts to the V90. Then they run the VDM Client App and connect to the broker then again put their domain account info to get their VM.

How can I configure it so that once they logon to V90L, they no longer need to login with the same credentials on the VDM client App?

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

With VDM 2.0, the users are not required to login to their client devices with domain accounts. They don't even need to have a login at that level.

The VDM Connection Server requires the user to log on to that using AD credentials (plus optionally RSA SecurID). Once the user has logged onto the VDM Connection Server, access to their virtual desktops is automatic with SSO happening with the VDM Agent GINA. In other words, the user doesn't need to enter their credentials again to access their virtual desktop once they have logged into VDM Connection Server.

Mark.

0 Kudos
virtualRW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That worked, thanks!

0 Kudos