VMware Horizon Community
ToddBertschi
Contributor
Contributor

Silent install of a remote Horizon View server

Apologies if this has been answered but I couldn't find anything about it.

I have a requirement to automate the build of a Horizon server. This is for an internal project where I will need to build and destroy the environment many times over. I have the command to execute the install from the desktop. Logged into the server it runs fine but I won't be logged into the server. This will be executed via Invoke-VMScript to the server. When I execute, it 'runs' but doesn't go anywhere. Am I correct in assuming it needs an interactive session to run in? Does anyone have an easy way around that before I go looking for answers?

Any help is appreciated...

Peace

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Are you following

Silent Installation Properties for a Horizon Connection Server Standard Installation

In general if something offers a silent install it doesn't need to be interactive

0 Kudos
ToddBertschi
Contributor
Contributor

I am yes. And you're correct, it shouldn't need an interactive session. Past experience has shown me that not every software is the same. I have run across programs in the past (I'm old so that spans quite a bit) that have issues running remotely. It's possible that the cause is the profile folders are missing for the user. I have to execute this under a domain user but there is no profile folders created for that user since he's never logged in. I'm thinking that this is the issue but before I head down that route, I wanted to check in with the collective mind.

0 Kudos