VMware Horizon Community
stanj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Shared Folders Option not showing up - need a shared folder

We have Horizon View 6.1 installed along with Composer and Connection Server. 

We have Windows 7 VMs spun up and I installed the Horizon View client on a VM that I am using in a lab.

When I launch the client and connect to the Connection Server and login to my VM, under the View Desktop Options at the top,

I do not see the “Shared Folders” option.  It should appear after the “Enable Relative Mouse” option.

We are pretty sure the View Agent was installed with the Client Drive Redirection feature enabled on the base template.

Is there a way to verify if the Client Drive Redirection feature was enabled?

If not, can it be modified to allow redirection modified?

We need the ability to move files from the View VMs to the VM that is running the Horizon View Client.

thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
the1whynotq
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

So long as you are using the 3.4 client it should appear as an option in the client settings not from the drop down as you say you are looking for it.

sharing.JPG

0 Kudos
stanj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes,,that is exactly the screen I see and have added several drives and folders, but I do not see them in the My Computer folder on the host  VM,,as though it is not working

0 Kudos
the1whynotq
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I take it the users are accessing from Windows based clients? not MACs?

the scenario is

Agent version 6.1.1

Client version 3.4

Client OS Windows

Target OS Windows 7/8.1

Select CDR as part of the agent installation process, no other configuration required, check that USB redirection is off as part of the agent they'll compete and apparently the CDR is a stronger channel it'll still pick up locally installed USB disks.

0 Kudos
stanj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yes.

Win7 View VM for all users.

The users are already accessing their Win7 Desktop VMs.

We had to login to the few Win7 VMs in the pool being used and re-run the agent and select the options.

We will delete the remaining poll VMs and update the Win7 template by rerunning the agent and selecting the redirection options

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hey Stan,

Did you find a solution for this one? We are seeing the exast same thing. It did work in the past though. And the funny thing is we created another pool and it is working there.

These machines are in a different OU so it could well be an issue with GPO's but haven't found which one could cause this.

And we are using the 3.5.2 client

Regards,

Ray

0 Kudos