VMware Horizon Community
SteveKK
Contributor
Contributor

Share Horizon License Between Sites

We have a live site with a Horizon Connection Server that has been deployed with a concurrent user license. This is working well, but the utilisation of the licenses is low, therefore we were wondering if it was possible to share the licenses with a new site we are deploying. The only shared component between the environments is an AD domain, so we control user accounts centrally. The sites are based either side of the Atlantic and we have site-to-site VPN connectivity, but limited ports are open.

The new site has a fully licensed vSphere and vCenter environment, but for deploying a small number of VDIs I would like to deploy a new connection server as a new pod (not cloud pod), sharing the existing license. We do not want this to be a replica install as the resources to deploy are independent of the existing site.

The documentation for network port requirements (https://techzone.vmware.com/resource/network-ports-vmware-horizon#horizon-connection-server) does not show any for pod to communicate, unless I am missing something?

Can anyone confirm if what I am looking to achieve is supported, or will I need to purchase a new license pool?

Regards,
Steve

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I couldn't find anything in the documentation about using two different pods, but I assume that it's fine as long as you are not crossing the concurrent user limit. Best to talk to a VMware TAM or partner before deployment. 

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.