VMware Horizon Community
BBSLab
Contributor
Contributor

Sever 2016 / 2019 not showing full screen in both html5 and horizon client view

Hello,

I am new to horizon trying to learn as much as i can i am trying to run server in desktop mode. The issue i am running into is that it will not go full screen there is a black bar around it. I verified that it works correctly in vcenter. Is this normal or should i be doing something different. I am not sure what info to provide but please ask and i will provide that for you

screen2.png

screen1.png

0 Kudos
9 Replies
BBSLab
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like after i updated one of a windows 10  to 20H2  the same thing is happening at least in vcenter i am going to try and deploy it to horizon as well

0 Kudos
bjohn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After you update to a new "version", you usually have to re-install the Horizon agent.

0 Kudos
BBSLab
Contributor
Contributor

I started from scratch. With Horizon 8. I updated the window 10 to the latest so i uninstalled the version that was on there and reinstalled it.

0 Kudos
FelixYan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have you installed VMtools on each VM? Try PCoIP/Blast/RDP connection to the same remote desktop, whether they have the same behavior?

0 Kudos
BBSLab
Contributor
Contributor

I was using VMBlast i will try a different protocol and try Remote desktop connection to see if the same behavior happens

0 Kudos
BBSLab
Contributor
Contributor

So RDP it looks like the screen is full screen. It seems a bit slower but it works.  So does this man it is a protocol issue?

0 Kudos
YunYiQun
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

How about PCoIP protocol? If it doesn't work, either, we may need client and agent side logs to understand the issue.
0 Kudos
BBSLab
Contributor
Contributor

So, you may need the side logs. PCoIP has the same issue. 

0 Kudos
BBSLab
Contributor
Contributor

I guess we can mark this as resolved. It looks like it is working now. I have not done anything new. So i will just monitor it for now to see if it works correctly

0 Kudos