VMware Horizon Community
EricConley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Setup RFID access and "Follow-Me-Desktop" via PCoIP Zero Clients using Imprivata

Has anyone had any experience setting up RFID badge tap access on PcoIP zero clients so that users can move their session between multiple endpoints? I am using View 5.1, 10zig zero clients with the latest firmware, and Imprivata version 4.6.109.77.

So far I have been able to configure so that we can log in using the RFID badges but I have been having a very hard time getting the logging out set up correctly. Depending on the settings I user I can either get a complete log off of the virtual desktop or I can get the virtual desktop to lock but not disconnect.

What I need to have happen in the user taps their badge to log in, then taps again to disconnect and have the endpoint reset it's self so it is ready for another login, then when the user goes to a different endpoint they tap their badge and get reconnected to their session.

Imprivata, Teradici, and VMware swear this is possible but I have been struggling with it for almost a year with no progress.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EricConley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sometimes just writing out your questions put's a different thought in your head.  After posting this yesterday a co-worker and I did some research in Imprivata's knowledge base and found this little gem of an guide.  It references some older versions of all the products involved but it's still applicable in the current versions, just some of the screen shots are different.  Hope this saves some people some of  the frustrations I have had.

0 Kudos