VMware Horizon Community
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Setting up Mac for Dual monitors

Good Morning All,

I have a user that has a MAC at home and need to get him setup with dual monitors.  I'm not much of a MAC guy so not sure where to set it up.  He already had the client installed and the desktop icon he needs to connect to.  I can't seem to find out how to spread two monitors.  Any help for a MAC rookie would be appreciated.  Didn't find much in the docs for this either.  Thanks!

Perry

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Here is from the docs:http://www.vmware.com/pdf/horizon-view/horizon-view-client-mac-document.pdf

Monitors and Screen Resolution

With View Client 2.0 and later, if you use the PCoIP display protocol, you can extend a View desktop to multiple monitors. If you have a Mac with Retina Display, you can see the View desktop in full resolution.

Using Multiple Monitors

If you use the PCoIP display protocol when accessing a View desktop, you can use up to 2 monitors, with a resolution of up to 2560x1600 per display. If you are using 2 monitors, the monitors can be side by side or

vertically stacked.

When the 3D rendering feature is enabled, the maximum resolution is 1920x1200. Examples of 3D applications include Windows Aero themes, Microsoft Office 2010, and Google Earth.

To extend a View desktop to multiple monitors you can use the  Window > Full Screen menu item or the expander arrows in the upper-right corner of the View Client window.

If you have a Mac with OS X Mavericks (10.9), open System Preferences, click Mission Control, and deselect

Displays have separate Spaces to use full screen with more than one monitor. You must log out to make your changes take effect.

Make sure that he/she is using the latest client, 2.3.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos