VMware Horizon Community
rdoveu1981
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Session timeout global setting not always disconnecting sessions - VMWare View

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help, we are experiencing desktop sessions which are going over our allocated time of 120 minutes for session duration. The users are connecting via VMWare Client 4.5 using Wyse Winterms S30. I have just  started to investigate this and the only factor I have noticed is that this is happening to users who are not logging off, whenever they finish for the day they just lock their screen but this shouldn't matter? It should just end the session no matter what?

Regards,
Ross

5 Replies
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

Do you have Under Remote Settings - Automatically logoff after disconnect: enabled for the pool?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos
rdoveu1981
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeah we do, it's currently set to 12 hours, this appears to be working fine apart from the day long sessions which appear. I'm wondering if this could be a VMWare Agent issue on the desktop, anyone else come across this?

0 Kudos
vinoceros
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever find a solution? I think I'm experiencing the same thing. I've got our session timeout set to 1380 min (23 hours) but yesterday I noticed about a dozen sessions over 1 day and some over 2 days. Automatic logoff on disconnect is set for 2 hours.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
rdoveu1981
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In the end it was me misunderstanding the session duration under the Sessions tab against the pool, the duration includes the time at which they logged in for example if they logged in and worked for say 10 hours and then disconnected and your Automatic logoff after disconnect is set to 120 minutes the duration would run up to 12 hours, so if they logged on for 24 hours and disconnected eventually the duration would tick over to 2 days if Automatic logoff after disconnect is set to 1440 minutes, hope that makes sense

vinoceros
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, that makes sense. I started doing the math on it a couple days ago and came up with basically the same thing.

0 Kudos