VMware Horizon Community
ragazzi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Session disconnects when Screen Saver on Host system start

Hi,

I'm running view 3.1.2. Virtual desktops are accessed from HP ThinClient. On the ThinClient the screen saver is configured to start within 10 minutes (There is no screen saver configured on the virtual desktop). As soon as the screen saver on the ThinClient starts the connnection to the virtual desktop is lost. There is no RDP idle session timeout configured (all RDP policy settings are "not configured"). If I disable the screen saver on the thinclient, the connection persist even the if the monitor blacks out due to power saving.

Has anyone an idea resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
geddam
Expert
Expert

In 3.X version, I have seen this behavior...But workaround I followed was disable Screensaver

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/9275881

Thanks,,

Ramesh. Geddam,

VCP 3&4, MCTS(Hyper-V), SNIA SCP.

Please award points, if helpful

Thanks,, Ramesh. Geddam,
ragazzi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok, thanks. As there is a power saving option set, I think I will stop using the screen saver on the thinClient as well as on virtual desktops. Blank screen should be saving the screen enough Smiley Happy

However, I would like to know if there is a workaround for this issues. If someone know's something feel free to post a solution.

0 Kudos
Datto
Expert
Expert

The NIC on your host might be put into power savings mode. Go into Settings, Network Connections, right click on NIC and choose properties of the NIC, Configure button, Power Management tab, uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and click the OK button.

Datto

0 Kudos
ragazzi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have verified this but it didn't help. Although I disabled "Power Management", the connection closed as soon as the screensaver startet.

Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos