VMware Horizon Community
kappyninewood
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Session Disconnected Server initiated generic disconnect

I get the attached message sometimes when logging in through IPAD, but then I'm able to get in?  Anyone experience this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lhundt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have gotten the same error since I have updated to View 5.1. If you continue to try to connect it will eventually go through. I opened up a support ticket and VMware thinks this will be fixed in the next version of the iPad View client. It's annoying to my users and would like this resolved ASAP....

Hope this helps

Lance

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
lhundt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have gotten the same error since I have updated to View 5.1. If you continue to try to connect it will eventually go through. I opened up a support ticket and VMware thinks this will be fixed in the next version of the iPad View client. It's annoying to my users and would like this resolved ASAP....

Hope this helps

Lance

0 Kudos
lhundt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think I might have a fix, looks like the virtual desktops with the master image of a preset resolution of 1024x768 are not seeing this issue on iPads. The Master images that have higher resolutions like 1280x720 are doing this. I think its a timing issue with the PCoIP service not starting fast enough to change the resolution and disconnects the session with the generic disconnect.

Can you verify what your virtual images resolutions are set as? Thanks!

Lance

krismcewan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

we have had similar issues and it only seems to affect the first time connect. if you reconnect instantly after the error its fine.

And our master image resolution is set to 1024x768.

it worked before the upgrade to 5.1.

A VMware Consultant in Scotland for Taupo Consulting http://www.taupoconsulting.co.uk If you think I'm right or helpful award me some points please
lhundt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yeah, it worked fine for us too before 5.1. The master image change has seemed to decrease the number of generic disconnects. I believe it is a timing issue with PCoIP services starting and the user logging in. If you set the master image to 1024x768 it should match the iPad resolution just fine and not have to resize the virtual desktop during login.

I have seen the generic disconnect if the user changes the orientation of the iPad during the login process. So it’s got to be somewhere in the resolution detection stuff in the View agent that resizes the resolution of the virtual desktop during login. Or it could be a problem with the View iPad client. All of our other View clients are not experiencing this.

After login, like you said you can reconnect and it works. Well the desktop it fully booted with all of the necessary services started. It’s an annoying error and confuses our users ☹

Just some of my thoughts on this…

Lance

0 Kudos
krismcewan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Lance   what version of Ipad are you using?

We are usin Ipad 3 on IOS6 and wondering if the HD component could be causign issues with screen resolution?

A VMware Consultant in Scotland for Taupo Consulting http://www.taupoconsulting.co.uk If you think I'm right or helpful award me some points please
0 Kudos
lhundt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I’ve tested on an iPad 1 and 3 (IOS 5). I think an iPad3 will still scale the resolution down to 1024x768 even though it can do higher resolutions.

But I haven’t tested on IOS6 yet so that could be still causing issues for you?

Also, I’m using the latest View iPad client which should be 1.6.

Lance

0 Kudos
krismcewan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We have done the following tests against the 5.1.1 enviroment:

Ipad 3 on IOS6 and client 1.6. - Error comes up

Ipad 2 on IOS5 with client 1.6 - Error Comes up

i have tried 2 different internet connections.  Have not tried internal WIFI as its not permitted.

0 Kudos
krismcewan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

FIXED.

you need to change the master image to 800x600 not 1024x768.

vmware recognise this as an issue.

0 Kudos
lhundt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Interesting! Hopefully this thread will help out others as a workaround until this is fixed by VMware. Thanks!

Lance

0 Kudos
prperr99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Actually what worked for me was to immediately log back in and I was able to connect with the iPad with PCoIP.

I have another Desktop Pool that gets in no problem on the iPad.  This was a new pool with identicle Pool settings as the older pool.

I have this issue with the PCoIP protocol after I recompose the desktops in a pool.

Any one else experiece this??

0 Kudos
marcdrinkwater
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is this still an issue?

If I am connecting via an ipad I get disconnected the first time but it will normally connect the sesond time.

0 Kudos
vSolid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm outside of the kingdom with no Internet access. To call me +213660448480

0 Kudos