VMware Horizon Community
shawnwatb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Send Messages to Desktop Users

I want to use the Send Messages to Desktop Users feature of View

http://pubs.vmware.com/view-50/index.jsp?topic=/com.vmware.view.administration.doc/GUID-90FBA4F8-0ED...

to 3000 machines.  I only see that this can be accomplished one at a time.  Is there another way with PowerCLI or is this an API can call?

Attempting to automate the world
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
peso_cz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

did you find solution ? I would like to know how to do it too ...

0 Kudos
danh2010
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have not tested this, but in View, I can select multiple users at once and the Send Message button still opens.  Again, without testing, it looks like I can send to all users this way.

Thanks, Dan
peso_cz
Contributor
Contributor

danh2010: yes I can send message via View Manager WebGUI ... I need somehow send message from CLI ...

0 Kudos
justin007
Contributor
Contributor

I am also looking for a way to "Send Message" from PowerCLI. Anybody find the command to do this?

Thanks,
Justin

0 Kudos
btrabue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are also looking for a way to either message or email a pool of users automatically using Power CLI or some other way.  We have tried to email the users and the only way that we have found that this works is to export the username from VIEW and copy it into Outlook.  Then we do a Check Name in Outlook.  Having nearly 40,000 employees it is not an easy task because there are many similar users in the address book. 

Is there another way that this can be done?  Any other 3rd party software that will do it?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
btrabue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anything at all that will help?

0 Kudos
cH1LL1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

^bump

This is useful as its sent to every active session per pool, however if ou have pools based on department  then you would have to send  multiple messages per pool/department/site which gets messy.

In View Administrator, click Inventory > Pools

Double-click a pool and click the Sessions tab

Select one or more desktops and click Send Message.

Type the message, select the message type, and click OK.

A message type can be Info, Warning, or Error

The message is sent to all selected desktops in active sessions

I need to be able to send message to all Active desktops  across pools.

0 Kudos