VMware Horizon Community
tbone111
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Selecting datastores

View newb here! Smiley Happy

When creating a desktop pool, it asks which datastores I want to store linked clones and replicas on.  Can I (or is it adviseable) select datastores that I already selected for other desktop pools?  On previous desktop pools, I had just selected all the LUNs I could that were provisioned for View.  Will it hurt if I do this for every desktop pool?  My thinking here was to spread out the desktops as evenly as possible.  I didn't know if I was supposed to be keeping desktops pools isolated on their own LUNs or not.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

We provision and spread the load to all available datastores within the cluster, same as you do.  I see nothing wrong with your approach.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

We provision and spread the load to all available datastores within the cluster, same as you do.  I see nothing wrong with your approach.

0 Kudos
tbone111
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Great, thanks.  I just wanted to make sure that it's overcommit calculations didn't only take into account the VMs from that particular pool, but space on the LUN itself.  If you can put multiple pools on the same LUNs, it sounds like it just looks right at the LUN.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

But try keeping the replica disk on seperate datastore. This can be like all the pools replica disks on one datastore will also be fine.

0 Kudos