VMware Horizon Community
randyf25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Security Server to Broker Server Slowness on Initial Connection

I am going to be opening a support ticket as well but thought I would ask here.

My network team assures me that all configurations are as they should be and I tend to believe them.

The problem is that after so many hours, if no one has used the security server the initial connection to a desktop can take up to 10 minutes. There is an initial delay before the user is asked for credentials, then another delay before they are asked to select their virtual machine. Once they are connected everything works just fine. If they disconnect and immediately reconnect the entire process takes 10 seconds.

Our traces seem to indicate that the security server is attempting to reuse an old connection through the firewall to the broker servers. It waits for this to timeout and then establishes a new connection at which point the process speeds up.

Can anyone provide any insight to this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I experienced this exact same problem and opened a ticket, 1116381631, in case you would like to reference it. The reasoning for this problem straight from VMware was

" The trace and logs do show the cause of the problem. The fundamental issue is that the pooled AJP connections that are used by the security server to communicate with the connection broker are being closed on the network (not by either the VDM security server or broker) when left unused for a period of time."

They had a patch available for VDM 2.1 and the problem was supposedly resolved in 3.01. I am currently on 3.01 and I have not seen the problem in quite some time. I hope this helps.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I experienced this exact same problem and opened a ticket, 1116381631, in case you would like to reference it. The reasoning for this problem straight from VMware was

" The trace and logs do show the cause of the problem. The fundamental issue is that the pooled AJP connections that are used by the security server to communicate with the connection broker are being closed on the network (not by either the VDM security server or broker) when left unused for a period of time."

They had a patch available for VDM 2.1 and the problem was supposedly resolved in 3.01. I am currently on 3.01 and I have not seen the problem in quite some time. I hope this helps.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
randyf25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You know what's amazing is that the first time I looked at the Release Notes for 3.0.1 I did not see the first item listed which addressed this very issue. We applied the updates last night and it appears to be working just fine now. Thanks for the insight!

0 Kudos