VMware Horizon Community
jwdenhartog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Security Server cannot connect to replica Connection Server

Hi,

I want to set up two security servers. Each connected to a connection server.

The installation of the security server only works when I connect to primary connection server.

Telnet using port 4001 to de replica connection server does not work. (from the security server)

The firewall rules on the replica connection server seems to be correct.

Who can help me here?

Jan Willem

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This certainly works. Having two Security Servers each paired with a Connection Server (e.g. one standard and the other a replica) is a very common scenario.

Double check your firewall rules if you have an external firewall between your Security Servers and Connection Servers. Double check the admin guide for the procedure of setting a pairing password etc. and the troubleshooting section for Security Server pairing.  Make sure both Security Servers are configured the same (no AD group policies applying different firewall policies, firewalls running on all servers etc.). Make sure both Connection Servers are configured the same.

Let us know what it was.

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This certainly works. Having two Security Servers each paired with a Connection Server (e.g. one standard and the other a replica) is a very common scenario.

Double check your firewall rules if you have an external firewall between your Security Servers and Connection Servers. Double check the admin guide for the procedure of setting a pairing password etc. and the troubleshooting section for Security Server pairing.  Make sure both Security Servers are configured the same (no AD group policies applying different firewall policies, firewalls running on all servers etc.). Make sure both Connection Servers are configured the same.

Let us know what it was.

Mark

0 Kudos
jwdenhartog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Mark,

Thanks for your suggestions.

It seems that a reboot of the replica connection server did the trick. Smiley Happy

Jan Willem

0 Kudos