VMware Horizon Community
TomRichardson
Contributor
Contributor

Security Server Upgrade Problem

Hi.  I'm having a bit of trouble getting one of my security servers upgraded.  I'm working on going from 5.1.1 to 5.1.2.  I have 2 connection servers and 2 security servers.  The connection servers and first security server upgraded fine, however, when I select the second security server in View Administrator,  "Prepare for upgrade or reinstallation..."  is greyed out.  I've read through the documentation and looked at the KB, and can't seem to find any reason why that mighthappen.  Any thoughts?

4 Replies
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check the upgrade guide (page 22) - http://pubs.vmware.com/view-51/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/view-51-upgrades.pdf

If it's inactive, you can go ahead and upgrade/reinstall. It means there are no IPsec rules to remove.

Mark 

TomRichardson
Contributor
Contributor

I still see the IPSEC rules in the firewall config.  I did try to just upgrade the security server, and it errors out, saying that I need to prepare it first.  Seems like there's some disagreement between the security server and the connection server.

I'll try manually removing the IPSEC rules and see if that lets me proceed.

0 Kudos
TomRichardson
Contributor
Contributor

Manually removing the IPSEC rules from both ends allowed me to do the upgrade.

In case anyone else runs into this, you can remove the rules by:

1. Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall

2. In the left pane, click Advanced Settings

3. Expand Windows Firewall with Advnaced Services and select Connection Security Rules

4. In the right pane, select VMware View Security Server QM Pairing with xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.  Select this rule and delete it.

Do that on both the security server and the connection server it's paired with.  Then you can upgrade your security server.

iamxCPx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Tom. :smileyplus::smileyinfo:

0 Kudos