VMware Horizon Community
jcosta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Second Domain on Horizon / Composer

I have my main domain with the connection server, security server, composer server and the vcenter appliance.  It is all working and I have virtual desktops deployed using horizon.

I am working on a test scenario of adding a second domain with a domain controller and desktops for that domain.

I have a 2nd host which will have the domain controller and the virtual desktops for the test system.

I added a two way trust between my main domain and the test domain and that is working great.

The second domain I added I just called corptest.test.com and on my main domain I added a conditional forwarder for corptest.test.com to the new domain controller.  When I added the two way trust it found the test domain controller no problem and added the trust.

I then added the second domain to the composer through the connection web interface.  This went fine and it found the test domain and added it successfully.

On the test domain controller I added permissions to my test OU for the account that composer uses from the main domain.  That worked great.  I could browse to the account from the test domain out to the main domain and pick the account and added the required permission so when I add a few virtual desktops and they get added the service account has permission to do so.

When I go to create a new desktop pool logged in as an admin on the main domain, I get all the way to the end and it shows two domains.  My main domain and corptest.test.com in the list.  When I pick corptest and hit the browse button to pick the folder for the OU I get an error that says "Internal Error".  When I look on the connection servers logs I see "cannot get domain information by dns domain name corptest.test.com".  I thought it could be a permission issue because DNS seems to be resolving fine.  So I added the admin account I am logging into the connection server web interface with to the main OU of the test domain and gave it full permissions but that didn't help.

Any one have any idea to what I am missing?

Thanks,

J

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcosta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ok got it!  I had a second issue and someone suggested restarting the view connection server after I added the domain.  This solved both issues.  I can browse the OU of the test domain now.

Later, J

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jcosta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ok got it!  I had a second issue and someone suggested restarting the view connection server after I added the domain.  This solved both issues.  I can browse the OU of the test domain now.

Later, J

0 Kudos