Weird thing I noticed - when I search the VMware View HTML documentation, Internet Explorer 9 becomes unresponsive.
It works fine in IE8 and Google Chrome.
Anybody else seeing this?
Might be something with the browser?
Try clearing cookies / cache, fi that fails try IE in safe mode to see if a plugin or addon is causing the issue.
It's happening on two different VMs (well, three, but two of them are Linked Clones of the same parent) as well as my personal laptop.
I've tried clearing cookies, updating Java and Flash, running IE without Add-Ons, and using 64-bit IE instead of the default 32bit version.
The only progress I've made so far is that I found an iexplore.exe process in Task Manager that's using all the CPU it possibly can, and doesn't seem to finish.
Stopping the process crashes the tab in which the search was made,.
Scratch that, I had it running while writing this post, and it just finished - must've been about 5 minutes.
F12 to the rescue... sort of.
If I use the developer tools to force the Document Mode into "IE9 standards" (instead of the page default IE8 standards), the problem does not occur.
Weird, but good enough for me.
Message was edited by: MarAndreas