VMware Horizon Community
HMUSA
Contributor
Contributor

Seamless Login

Hi - first week with a fresh VMware View installation here.

With both the Mac and PC View clients, even if I've saved all my info, I still have to click through two screens to initiate my VM connection.  That might be down from the initial 3-4, but it's not quite as fast/simple as we would like.

With Microsoft Remote Destkop, you can save your connection file, so just hitting that takes you right in.  Can we do something like that with the View Client?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander

You can set username,password,desktop to connect to etc. via command line parameters. On Windows run wswc /? to see the list. On Linux/Mac it's vmware-view --help, they're also detailed in the admin guide.

HMUSA
Contributor
Contributor

I don't suppose anyone has done this for Mac?  I found the commands to do it on Windows, and it's perfect.  But running the vmware-view from the Terminal with all of the same commands doesn't work.

Here's what I have so far which just launches the client application.

/Applications/"VMware View Client.app"/Contents/MacOS/vmware-view -desktopName OurPool -serverURL 192.168.1.1 -userName me -password it

Thanks!

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander

I think for the Linux/Mac client you should also specify -q or --nonInteractive to have it skip screens that you've already supplied enough information for.

0 Kudos