VMware Horizon Community
Jan-Willem
Contributor
Contributor

Screen tearing only one server

Hi,

We have a setup with two ESX servers running Horizon clients, server one runs fine no issues but on the second server users are running into issues.  Some days not all users get screen tearing, artifects and other stuf. When i move the clients between te servers the problem dissapears. The problem won't resolve itself over time.

But servers are running with a two T4 Nivdia cards, with ECC enabled with Horizon 7, esx 6.7.
The strange part is that server one witch runs fine is showing less video memory than the server that has the problems (server2). 

I am thinking this issues is related to the videocard, as everything else is the same. 

Did someone encouter this issue before ? 

Thank you .

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @Jan-Willem,

Is the same NVIDIA GPU VIB installed on both ESXi hosts?

0 Kudos
Jan-Willem
Contributor
Contributor

Yes both servers have the same VIB:

server 1
NVIDIA-VMware_ESXi_7.0_Host_Driver 440.87-1OEM.700.0.0.15525992 NVIDIA VMwareAccepted

server 2
NVIDIA-VMware_ESXi_7.0_Host_Driver 440.87-1OEM.700.0.0.15525992 NVIDIA VMwareAccepted

What i found is that the working server is running VMware esxi 7.0.0 and server 2 is running VMware esxi 7.0.3 is there a known issue with this ?

0 Kudos
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

First of all, both hosts should be running on the same version of ESXi. Besides that, your NVIDIA 440.87 is on a not supported version and was EOL December 2020 > https://docs.nvidia.com/grid/index.html

vGPU 13.x offers support for ESXi 7.0 Update 2 and later > https://docs.nvidia.com/grid/13.0/product-support-matrix/index.html#abstract__vmware-vsphere

Jan-Willem
Contributor
Contributor

We are going to try that  i will post a update with the results

0 Kudos
mkramerbs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any update on if it turned out to be bad hardware?  We are having a similar issue now.

0 Kudos