VMware Horizon Community
SirGreyFox29
Contributor
Contributor

Screen Saver Lockout

Hello,

We are using Vmware View 5 with windows 7 and we have nocited that, the screen will lock after 10 mins of inacitivy, We have the screensaver disable and it still locks the screen, i was wondering if anyone else has been expericing this, if so i was wondering if someone could help us disable as it is a nuiance to hit Ctrl Alt Insert after 10 min.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
TheLittleOne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi SirGreyFox29

do you disable the screensaver via GPO? and the GPO works fine?

GPO: User Configuration==>Policies==>Administrative Templates==>Control Panel/Display==>"screensaver ......."

or you disable the screensaver in the masterimage?

Like: http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/VMware-View-OptimizationGuideWindows7-EN.pdf

0 Kudos
SirGreyFox29
Contributor
Contributor

i have checked my group policy and theres nothing overriding it here is a screenshot of what shows up, any help would be greatly appericated

screensaver.png

0 Kudos
SirGreyFox29
Contributor
Contributor

yes we have ran that opitmaztion bat that is in that guide. is there something in there that  disable our capablites to change it?

0 Kudos
TheLittleOne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

what is adjusted in the poweroptions in the controlpanel?

0 Kudos
SirGreyFox29
Contributor
Contributor

the power setting to never turn off the monitor on the master image.

0 Kudos
TheLittleOne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

did you deactived the powersaving options.

If not can you try this, I have this issue with this option a long time ago.

0 Kudos
SirGreyFox29
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Little one,

i have checked and we do not have power settings enabled. any other help would be great thanks again.

0 Kudos
TheLittleOne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello SirGreyFox29

i try a shot in the dark. Do you use thinclients if yes, can you try it out on a fat client with vmware view client?

0 Kudos
SirGreyFox29
Contributor
Contributor

Yes we are using thin clients and problems do exisit on both

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
TheLittleOne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Second shot

do you set an sso timeout limit?

By default it should be disabled.

Start the ADSI Edit utility on your View Connection Server host.

Select or connect to DC=vdi, DC=vmware, DC=int.

On the object CN=Common, OU=Global, OU=Properties, set the pae-SSOCredentialCacheTimeout attribute to the new SSO timeout limit in minutes.

The default value is 15. A value of -1 means that no SSO timeout limit is set. A value of 0 disables SSO.

On remote desktops, the new SSO timeout limit takes effect immediately. You do not need to restart the View Connection Server service or the client computer.

On desktops that run in local mode, the new SSO timeout  limit takes effect the next time a client computer that hosts the local  desktop sends a heartbeat message to View Connection Server.

0 Kudos