VMware Horizon Community
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert

Schema Error during upgrade from 7.13 to ver 8 2106

Trying to upgrade my connection broker and getting the error "Unable to find Schema Master in local LDAP cluster  Error occurred on node while finding schema master.".  I think i know why this is happening but can't get by it.  Looked at the vdadmin commands and had no luck.  In the vmware docs it shows the command "vdmadnin.exe -X -seizeSchemamaster" but that command is no good on 7.13.  There are a few LDAP commands and none of them are any good.  About 6 months ago i removed one of my connection brokers from the system.  That server doesn't show up at all in the Admin Console but yet i believe that may be the cause.  Anyone have any sugestions for me to get this to a point so i can upgrade??  Any help is truly appreciated.  

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jon_Holloway
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Perry,

I realise your post is almost a month old, so you may have resolved this now.  However, if not, please see https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon/2111/horizon-upgrades/GUID-1B116018-B472-4B27-BF55-23EAB3F... which details the dsmgmt commands to make the current node the schema master when you don't have an existing Horizon 8 ver 2006 or later.

Jon

0 Kudos