VMware Horizon Community
brpjagutierrez
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Saving local data from APPDATA with UEM

Hello,

Is it possible to save the LOCAL folder of APPDATA with UEM?

We currently have Personna and are planning migration to UEM.

I deployed UEM in our DEV environment to test. All goes well but I do not see the possibility of saving the APPDATA LOCAL folder.

I see an option for ROAMING but not LOCAL.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Suman1209
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

Please use this

pastedImage_0.png

Regards

Suman

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful

Regards Sumanth VCP7-DTM7 , DCV , NV, VCAP7-DTM Design If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

When adding the inclusions you use

[IncludeFolderTrees]

<LocalAppData>\Path\To\Folder

0 Kudos
brpjagutierrez
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Where in UEM can i add an inclusion ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Suman1209
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

Please use this

pastedImage_0.png

Regards

Suman

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful

Regards Sumanth VCP7-DTM7 , DCV , NV, VCAP7-DTM Design If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful
0 Kudos
Oneboss302
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. The above explanation is exactly what I am trying to do, but I am not having any success.

Due to 2 application requirements, we have the need to roam the entire users Appdata folder/subfolders. Works great with Personal Management and folder redirection, but I would like to use only UEM moving forward. Any assistance would be really helpful. Thank you.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Oneboss302,

I would strongly recommend taking the trouble of pinpointing where exactly in AppData the relevant application settings are stored. UEM is really built around the whitelisting concept of pinpointing bits of the user profile to roam.

Persisting and restoring all of AppData is possible, but will be quite slow:

• Create a new Flex config file:
    pastedImage_4.png
  • Specify that the complete AppData folder (i.e. roaming AppData) should be exported and imported:
    pastedImage_7.png