VMware Horizon Community
mcalwellbeta
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Samsung DeX Typing Issue

I started using a Samsung DeX in the office several month ago. It's a great accesary for the Samsung S8+. Not only for the end-point replacement while using Horizon, but simply interasting with the native apps on the device.

That said, I've noticed an odd issue while working in a VDI session. Using our corportate Horizon 6 Windows 7 desktops, I get this "re-type" issue sporatically on my DeX. While using Microsoft Outlook or Word, the sentance I'll be typing will "re-write" itself when adding punctuation. Really odd and frustrating.

Has anyone seen this? I work in VDI a lot. I use my MacBook Pro equally in VDI and have not seen this issue.

See below for an example. I was typing the same line over and over again. Four of the line "re-wrote" after punctuation.

I have not been able to replicate this using native apps, including Micrsoft products, locally on the DeX. This only occurs using VDI.

****** This is actual test typing in Microsoft Outlook ******

This is a test reply.

This is a test reply?

This is a tesSTREPLAY?

This is a test reply!

This is a test reply?

This is a test reply.

This is a test reply?

This is a test reply.

This is asatestreply!

This is asatestreplay.

This is a test reply!

This is asatestreply?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jahegyi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Ive tested on the S8 and Note 8 running Dex. Updates to the horizon client on android have never resolved the issue. I have discussed it with VMWare and they said its a Samsung issue. I mentioned it to Samsung at VMWorld and they said its a VMWare issue. Typical.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jahegyi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Ive tested on the S8 and Note 8 running Dex. Updates to the horizon client on android have never resolved the issue. I have discussed it with VMWare and they said its a Samsung issue. I mentioned it to Samsung at VMWorld and they said its a VMWare issue. Typical.

0 Kudos
mcalwellbeta
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. Now I know I'm not crazy! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
kalll
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there a way to log a bug with VMware? This issue is so annoying it rendered the whole solution useless....

0 Kudos
kalll
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried disabling all the auto keyboard features under the Samsung keyboard settings and it seems to have stop the issue.  (predictive text and auto spell, etc..)

0 Kudos
mcalwellbeta
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Good Morning,

Thanks for your feedback. Where are these settings? I do not see "Predictive Text" or "Auto Spell".

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos