VMware Horizon Community
Poom22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SSO Problems Windows 10 - VD shows last logged in user and doesn't passthrough credentials ? ( 7.4 )

Hi - I've seen this a few times on multiple Horizon versions, though at the moment i'm using Horizon 7.4 and WIndows 10

A user logs into Horizon and instead of passing through the credentials to Windows it then asks them to login again and shows the name of the last logged in user . This problem is intermittent but maybe 1/20 times

It only happens in Windows 10 , the pass through of credentials  is perfect in Windows 7

Horizon admin doesn't tell me much

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This behavior occurs when a user has the Horizon View Client open but they haven't chosen a desktop. If they wait until the global SSO timoue (View Administrator, System Config, Global Settings) then it will show up with a previous user login prompt.

I would also verify that the pool is not set to "do nothing" when a user logs off.

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

i had the same issue and never found solution

there is away to hide last login in group policy , using the policy Do not display last user name in logon screen Group Policy (Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options) to hide the last logon user name option.

0 Kudos
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This behavior occurs when a user has the Horizon View Client open but they haven't chosen a desktop. If they wait until the global SSO timoue (View Administrator, System Config, Global Settings) then it will show up with a previous user login prompt.

I would also verify that the pool is not set to "do nothing" when a user logs off.

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
Poom22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That's great, thanks