VMware Horizon Community
fafa24
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SSL certificate issued from Domain CA

Hello,

I have recently installed the Connection Server 7.03. The installer creates a self singed certificate with the friendly name vdm. We have a CA server in our domain which automatically issues server server authentication certificate to our server via GPO. The Connection Server also received the certificate. So I thought to use the domain certificate I just need to remove the friendly name vdm from the self signed certificated and add the friendly name vdm to the certificate from our CA. I restarted the connection server service. But when i type in the URL the webserver cannot be found. A blank page. Do I revert it and change the friendly name to the self signed certificate all is okay again.

What went wrong here?

Thanks,

Edy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I'm guessing the cert that your CA automatically issues does not have the private key marked as exportable.  This is a requirement for View Connection Server certs.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I'm guessing the cert that your CA automatically issues does not have the private key marked as exportable.  This is a requirement for View Connection Server certs.

fafa24
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks - yes this help. I made the private key exportable and now Horizon Administrator page shows. However it shows still as insecure.

Thanks,

Edy

0 Kudos
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Where are you seeing the error - Google Chrome?  It's probably that your Root Cert is still SHA1 - which is phased out.  You need to update your CA's root to SHA256 and reissue the certificate.  That's likely the problem, but can't say for sure without more details.

0 Kudos
fafa24
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

I was seeing the error in Google Chrome "not secure" - But I resolved it. The problem was that I needed to use as URL the fully qualified FQN name. Now Google Chrome shows the page with no error.

Thanks,

Edy

0 Kudos