VMware Horizon Community
caryers
Contributor
Contributor

SSL Certs

We are currently running a View 4.6 Pilot right now that has internal & external access(via the security Connection server).

I need to apply an SSL cert to our security server. I am not sure if I need to apply an SSL cert to my internal connection brokers as well or not. What does security best practices indicate? Can the forums provide me some KBs articles/TIDs on how to apply a SSL cert to my security servers at a bare minimium?

I actually have two security servers. However, I do not have a hardware or software load balancer in place for the security servers. Should I implement the Windows NBT or DNS round robin for the two security servers. DNS round robin does not sound like an enterprise solution. With that said, if my primary security server goes down, I CURRENTLY plan on placing the IP address of the primary security server to that of the secondary server to get back up and running. Until I get a SW or HW solution in place, is this the remaining method I have for fault tolerance?

Any advise, suggestions, or direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Scott

0 Kudos
2 Replies
eeg3
Commander
Commander

I'd recommend putting SSL certs on both just for good measure; having users have to accept the SSL cert through their browser when going to the site can be a nuissance. If you share a common name, you can install the same cert. Here is the guide that I followed to install the certificate.

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net
0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I put a cert on all my connection brokers.  On the external I used a third party cert but for internal I just created a cert from our internal CA.     There are a couple of load balancing questions on the forum if you want to search for them.  Should give you an indiciation of what others are doing and what kind of problems they may have experienced.    There is also a load balancing guide but it is for a really old version of View,www.vmware.com/files/pdf/vdm20-load-balancing-guide.pdf. 

0 Kudos