VMware Horizon Community
prakaskr
Contributor
Contributor

SDK or Rest api for Horizon desktop pool and launch operation

Do we have any Rest api support to automate Horizon & launch a view for a VM. Am trying to automate this using java.Working as Cisco client partner & need this support.

6 Replies
domdsouza
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

With version 8.0 the REST API has caught up and is full featured. With the older 7.x versions, it was pretty basic stuff only. But they did have a full featured PowerCLI module and C# API.

VMware Horizon Server API - VMware API Explorer - VMware {code}

prakaskr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,
    Thanks for the update , may i know which API / sample code, will help to launch the webclient (Console for a VM) -  https://IP.xx.xx.xx/portal/webclient/index.html#/desktop .

0 Kudos
elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

So I went through the Horizon 8 API guide pretty closely, I don't see a method to have a user launch a desktop session via API. Are you saying this functionality was implemented domdsouza​?

Edit URL: View API - VMware API Explorer - VMware {code}

VCDX-Desktop
0 Kudos
nburton935
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This could potentially be done with the Session Pre-Warm API that was released in 7.12, which VMware still has not publicly given any information or documentation on...

-Nick

0 Kudos
elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm not seeing anything that would indicate this is possible given the current public API documentation.

VCDX-Desktop
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I'm not a vmware employee, but from what I've heard so far the prewarm is not public at this time and is mainly for companies like impravita to improve logon times

Horizon 7.12 - Prewarm Sessions

the best way I've seen this done is with the HTML client and using a script to move. Not to say its no possible as I'm not familar enough with the SDK, rest wouldn't be able to do it. This post suggests he has something

Re: VDI Bot Using API - Auto Test Desktop Login + Get VM Health

0 Kudos