VMware Horizon Community
JJohanes
Contributor
Contributor

Running View 4 Client on a Windows 7 64 bit OS

Does anyone know if the final release of View 4 will allow the view client to be installed on a Windows 7 64bit OS? The beta view 4 client would not install on Vista 64bit but it was the beta. Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jkatz71
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I should hope so since the View 3 client installs on Windows 7 x64. Of course there is no USB redirection, but it installs just fine.

-jonathan

-jonathan
0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

While not explicitly supported, you should be able to install the View 4 client on Windows 7 x64. I use it on my personal Windows 7 x64 machine. Let me know if you have any problems.

0 Kudos
TLeach
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

How where you able to install the 3.X client on a Windows 7 OS? I have tried on several machines with no success from the web install. Can you install the client package directly?

Thanks,

Ted

0 Kudos
jkatz71
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yea, the web installer doesn't work for Vista/7. I just ran the installer directly. (VMware-viewclient-3.1.1-175957.exe)

I put the EXE (renamed to viewclient.exe) here: \Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware View\Server\broker\webapps\ROOT

From there, the remote users can download the client directly with something like: https://view.example.com/viewclient.exe

You should note that capitalization is important in the link.

-jonathan

-jonathan
0 Kudos