VMware Horizon Community
DublChen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Restore Tiles has stopped working

Hey Community,

Recently on a desktop I just finished building and provisioned, when I logged in as a user, I got the error popup "Restore Tiles has stopped working".  No matter what changes I make to the start layout, even removing all tiles, that error pops up.  We run DEM 9 and I am assuming it is something in it.  I followed this guide to export/import the start layout and rebuilt the desktop and the error persists.  Have any of you seen this error or know how to squash it?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
lincolnv
Contributor
Contributor

We are seeing the same issue on a Windows 7 image after updating AppVolumes Agent 2.18.6 15U to 2.18.10 3U without DEM. Were you able to resolve the issue on your image?

0 Kudos
ap_idb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Bumping this thread in hopes that either of you have seen any workarounds here? I see the below KB but my users don't use writables and this happens within the same OS Build

Some store apps are not working when we login with uia+profile writable volume created in Appvolumes...

0 Kudos
lincolnv
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, no update. I created a ticket with support however since Windows 7 is no longer supported, they could not assist. 

0 Kudos
ap_idb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What are the versions of the agents you are using?

0 Kudos
lincolnv
Contributor
Contributor

AppVolumes Agent 2.18.6.22 is currently the agent I have installed however installing any of the updates for 2.18.X.XX is when I receive the error. Oddly my test base image updated without receiving the same error. Uninstalling and reinstalling 2.18.6.22 also yields the same error. 

0 Kudos
lincolnv
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to resolve the issue by following Method 1 of this procedure :

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2078739

0 Kudos
ap_idb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's odd, I have that driver matched for 7.13 and I do remove the SVGA driver from tools when installing it so that the horizon agent manages that installer

0 Kudos